Let’s talk about the skeleton in your closet. Hmmm, I’m sure you are either protesting right now or nodding your head wondering “How does she know?”
Either way, I assure you that you’re on the wrong track. I’m not referring to what we would traditionally think when we say ‘skeleton in the closet’. (That’s a topic for another day).
I would like you to READ something and then DO something for me. Are you up to the challenge?
What does the inside of your closet look like? Now close your eyes and visualise.
*** continue reading from here (Hehe, just in case you lost your place).
Now, jot down your impressions as if you’re in 3rd person. (No personal explanations needed, just objective observation).
- Is your closet neat or an utter mess?
- Is it organised or haphazard?
- Stacked with precision or according to a rough plan?
- Are your clothes/shoes etc, colour coded or style sorted?
- Are there the odd things needing buttons/fixing or is everything repaired immediately?
- Are there clothes you haven’t worn in years, which you are holding onto? (Apart from the thin clothes from last season that you intend to squeeze into again, soon! Yes, that’s ok we all have those).
I have a friend who says one can understand a huge amount about a person from their closets. That their personalities are reflected there-in. Do you agree?
What does your closet actually reveal about you as a person?
PS. my note to self: Is it too soon on the 2nd date to ask if I can see the inside of a person’s closet? Run Forrest, run 🙂
Read more of my musings at Tanya’s Two Cents
Leave a Reply